Use of content
Guidelines for the external use of NATO content
- No material produced by NATO is to be sold, used for outside advertising or promotional purposes of any kind.
- All content taken from NATO and republished must be clearly credited or sourced to NATO.
- Photos, videos and articles are released under the legally recognised terms of "Fair Use" to members of the press, academia, non-profits and the general public.
- No material is to be used in programs, articles or online publications of any kind that defame NATO or its member countries.
- Material is provided, free of charge, for use in objective and balanced content, even if at times the end products may be critical of NATO.
- In instances where a member country is criticised, NATO wishes it to be made known that it does not associate itself with the contents of the article, publication or broadcast.
NATO reserves the right to request the removal of NATO copyrighted material from any externally created content.